• Clean and paint the desired surface. Wait for the basecoat to dry completely (more or less
• Next, dampen a clean, colourless cloth with water and remove any excess moisture.
• Brush some paint onto the damp cloth and evenly spread it onto the cloth.
• Fold the cloth like a ball in the palm of your hand (fold the hems away)
• Apply light pressure and gently move with circular movements onto the painted surface.
• Wait for the first colour and coat to dry and repeat the process with different complementing
• This creates a mottled and washed finish.
Also a great technique to follow to get anantique finish on furniture items or walls.