Things to note when using a Tjhoko – Yellow, Red or White colour to paint over a dark surface.
- Clean the surface properly by washing it off with Lacquer Thinners.
- Wait 20-40 minutes for the Lacquer thinners to dry.
- Depending on the surface you are painting you can either use a Paint Brush, Foam roller or Mohair roller.
( For large flat surfaces use a Mohair roller. For Kitchen cupboards a foam roller is better to use. ) paint a base coat in Stone Wash and allow to dry.
- Ensure that your applicator is clean a dry and that the base coat has dried properly before you start painting on top of your base coat with White, Yellow or Red Tjhoko Paint colours.
- Very important is to allow for each coat of paint to dry completely before applying the next coat.